This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Steel of Aikwood’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Steel of Aikwood
Liberal Democrat Peer, Former None MSP for Lothians
- Also represented Lothians
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Entered the Scottish Parliament on 6 May 1999 — Election
- Left the Scottish Parliament on 6 May 2003 — Election
- Send a message to Lord Steel of Aikwood (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Steel of Aikwood voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (18 Jun 2013)
“Compensation for victims of torture and ill-treatment during the Kenyan Emergency – Lord Steel of Aikwood.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Equitable Life (17 Jun 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government how the decision to award 22.4 per cent of relative loss as compensation under the Equitable Life Payment Scheme was made; what are the affordability constraints limiting that amount, as noted in letters to those in receipt of compensation; and whether any other government undertakings are subject to such constraints.”
- Abortion — Question (6 Jun 2013)
“I thank the Minister for the steps that have been taken to stop abuses of the 1967 Act. Will he confirm that there has been a welcome drop in the total number of abortions recently, but that there is still a problem of what are called repeat abortions, where women present who are clearly using abortion as a form of contraception, which is thoroughly undesirable?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 35.89% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Steel of Aikwood’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 127 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)