This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord St John of Bletso’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord St John of Bletso
We’re missing a photo of Lord St John of Bletso. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1978
- Send a message to Lord St John of Bletso (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord St John of Bletso voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, the gracious Speech referred to the importance of ensuring security, good governance and development. There was no reference to the important role that our Government continue to play in the economic, social and political developments in Africa. In her opening speech, the noble Baroness spoke about the successful elections in Egypt and Tunisia, as well as the positive developments...”
- Broadband: Communications Committee Report: Motion to Take Note (18 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I join in congratulating the noble Lord, Lord Inglewood, on his able chairmanship of this very topical inquiry, and in thanking our specialist adviser, Professor Michael Fourman. All too often, excellent Select Committee reports from your Lordships' House get scant media coverage, but it was encouraging that this particular inquiry received extensive coverage. While I welcome the...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Carbon Credits (18 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to revive the compliance and voluntary carbon credit market.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 24.13% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 20 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord St John of Bletso’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 82 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)