This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Smith of Leigh’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Smith of Leigh
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Lord Smith of Leigh (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Smith of Leigh voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, I had intended to speak on welfare or health but on Saturday evening, travelling back north on the M1, I underwent a conversion and decided to speak on culture, specifically sport. I was able to exchange my views on welfare with the Minister during a recent visit to our universal credit pathfinder and my sentiments on health have been adequately expressed by my noble friend Lord...”
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill: Report (2nd Day) (Continued) (12 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I do not know what it is about this clause but we always seem to reach it late at night-I am sure that we all wish we were somewhere else. I was the third musketeer who attended the meeting that the Minister kindly arranged and I echo noble Lords' thanks to her for doing so, for the courtesy with which the meeting was held and for enabling us to talk to officials from the VOA. As...”
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill: Report (2nd Day) (12 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I support this amendment and congratulate the four noble Lords who put their names to it on their contribution. I declare an interest as vice-president of the LGA. It is difficult to find much more to say, but I want to remind noble Lords of what has been said. The noble Lord, Lord Jenkin, made the point that this is important for its economic impact. As it concerns housebuilding,...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 33.20% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 14 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Smith of Leigh’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 86 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)