This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Smith of Kelvin’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Smith of Kelvin
We’re missing a photo of Lord Smith of Kelvin. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 14 July 2008
- Send a message to Lord Smith of Kelvin (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Smith of Kelvin voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill — Second Reading (14 Nov 2012)
“My Lords, I declare two interests. First, I am chairman of Scottish and Southern Energy, which is the biggest generator of renewable energy in the UK. Secondly, I chair the Green Investment Bank, which has just been mentioned. I can confirm the statement of the noble Lord, Lord Marland, that we are up and running. We have state aid approval. We have been charged with five priority areas:...”
- Second Reading (16 Dec 2008)
“My Lords, standing here in this Chamber, it is impossible not to be struck by a great sense of history. I hope that I am not about to create history of my own by being the first maiden speaker to be booed. Noble Lords will understand my concern: I began life as an accountant; I moved into banking; I was in private equity; I moved into fund management, although not pyramid schemes; and I am...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 2.44% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 12 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Smith of Kelvin’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)