This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Skelmersdale’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Skelmersdale. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1973
- Send a message to Lord Skelmersdale (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Skelmersdale voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Human Trafficking — Question (21 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, is it not time that we called a spade a spade and described human trafficking as slavery, which is what it is and which has been illegal in this country for many years?”
- Crime: Detection Rates — Question (14 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, perhaps I may get slightly more specific. I have anecdotal evidence of a rise in Muslim hate crime in this country, which apparently is recorded only by the Metropolitan Police. Will my noble friend use his best efforts to encourage other PCCs to make such recordings, because otherwise we will not know exactly what is going on?”
- Retail: Business Rates — Question (12 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, my noble friend the Minister mentioned the competition with the high street from internet shopping. Would she accept that the most successful firms in the high street also have internet sales operations?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 60.78% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Skelmersdale’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 461 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)