This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Singh of Wimbledon’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Singh of Wimbledon
We’re missing a photo of Lord Singh of Wimbledon. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 24 October 2011
- Send a message to Lord Singh of Wimbledon (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
More on their full record
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill — Commons Reasons and Amendments (22 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I speak in favour of this amendment. I am particularly concerned about the level of misinformation and ignorance used in the other place to argue against legislation. The Minister in the other place made a statement, which was repeated today, that caste is a problem in the Sikh community as well as among Hindus. It is not only inaccurate, but frankly insulting to the Sikh faith....”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Abu Dhabi (20 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what representations they have made to the Government of Abu Dhabi about the conviction in absentia and subsequent arrest of Cyril Karabus.”
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill — Report (2nd Day) (4 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, speaking from a Sikh perspective, I give my full support to the amendment. Guru Nanak, the founder of the Sikh religion, taught, "Ask not a person's caste but look to the inner light within". At a time when even the shadow of a lower caste person was said to pollute the food of a higher caste, he instituted the system of langar, where people of all religions and social backgrounds...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 23.04% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Singh of Wimbledon’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)