This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Lord Shore of Stepney
Former Labour Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Shore of Stepney. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Left Parliament on 24 September 2001
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Shore of Stepney voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances
- Written Answers — House of Lords: BBC World Service: Grant-in-Aid (18 Jul 2001)
“asked Her Majesty's Government: What has been the subvention made by the Treasury, in real terms, to the BBC World Service in each year since 1996; and what is the agreed Treasury subvention in the financial years 2001-02 to 2003-04.”
- Monetary Policy and Economic Affairs (12 Jul 2001)
“My Lords, I begin by joining others in congratulating my noble Lord, Lord Sheldon, on his maiden speech. I, too, have personal recollections of the noble Lord in another place. I have found, over some 30-odd years, that our interests often coincided although the conclusions we reached in terms of policy were not identical. Nevertheless, he always brought to the debate a seriousness and, more...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Doctors and Nurses: Recruitment (9 Jul 2001)
“asked Her Majesty's Government: How many of the extra 20,000 nurses and 10,000 doctors that they propose to attract to the National Health Service they estimate will be trained in the United Kingdom; and how many will be recruited from doctors and nurses trained and working abroad.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has voted in 42.44% of votes in this House with this affiliation. (From Public Whip)
- 0 people are tracking this peer.