This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Shaw of Northstead’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Shaw of Northstead
We’re missing a photo of Lord Shaw of Northstead. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1994
- Send a message to Lord Shaw of Northstead (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Shaw of Northstead voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- House of Lords: Allowances — Motion to Approve (20 Jul 2010)
“My Lords, I entirely agree with the proposals that have been put forward, but I have one query. Will some discretion be allowed to play a part in fixing entitlement to travel expenses? On the face of it, when we come back in the autumn, I shall be able to claim mileage costs to and from Wakefield station, as well as car parking as well-a weekly Bill of £56. However, I could catch a taxi...”
- Cabinet Office: Constitution Committee Report — Motion to Take Note (6 Jul 2010)
“My Lords, it is a privilege to take part in this debate. The report was produced under the very able chairmanship of my noble friend, who has had great experience in all these offices, and so many of our witnesses could not be bettered in their experience of the matters that we were discussing. As a lifelong Back-Bencher, I felt that I had a lot to learn-but I confess that my basic beliefs...”
- Fast-track Legislation: Constitution Committee Report: Motion to Take Note (10 Nov 2009)
“My Lords, as the noble Lord, Lord Parekh, has just said, we must all accept that from time to time circumstances arise where, in the national interest, the demand for what we have termed in this report "fast-track legislation" is justified. But when such circumstances arise, it is essential that everything is done to protect the usual safeguards for proper scrutiny that have been built into...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 55.40% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Shaw of Northstead’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)