This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Sandberg’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Sandberg. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Sandberg (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Sandberg voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Health Bill (19 Jun 2006)
“My Lords, I was at school during the war, and about the only thing I learnt—because we were distracted by the probability of getting killed—was how to smoke. So I am rather sad that the one thing I learnt at school should now be so heinously voted against. My colleague's amendment is sensible and reasonable. I do not see why we should be killjoys in what we are doing today. Of...”
- Regulatory Reform (Museum of London) (Location of Premises) Order 2004 (25 Jun 2004)
“My Lords, what the Government are doing is obviously very sensible, but why was the museum confined to the City of London in the original agreement? It seems absurd.”
- Saddam Hussein (16 Jun 2004)
“asked Her Majesty's Government: What discussions they have had with the United States or coalition authorities about the whereabouts and status of Saddam Hussein and the legal procedures envisaged for bringing him to trial.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 24.53% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Sandberg’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 15 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)