This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Sainsbury of Preston Candover’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Sainsbury of Preston Candover
We’re missing a photo of Lord Sainsbury of Preston Candover. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1989
- Send a message to Lord Sainsbury of Preston Candover (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Sainsbury of Preston Candover voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Public Funding: Museums and Galleries — Question (5 Jan 2010)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as I am on the board of the Ashmolean Museum. I draw the Minister's attention to the considerable contrast between the public funding of important national museums calculated on the basis of grant per visitor, compared with the grant per visitor to the Ashmolean Museum. Is it his belief that national museum grants range from £9.30 per visitor for the...”
- Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Bill [HL] (28 Nov 2007)
“My Lords, reducing the regulatory burden has been the declared objective of Governments past and present for many years, but despite those good intentions—reiterated by the Minister today—year after year, we have witnessed the opposite, an ever-increasing burden. Whether it be from Brussels or Whitehall, the number of regulations increases. Regulations imposed over the past 10...”
- Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill (13 Jun 2006)
“My Lords, I come down from the lofty heights. In 1993, I was the deregulation adviser to the President of the Board of Trade and, as such, co-ordinated the deregulation initiative at that time. That was a very long time ago and there are a vastly greater number of regulations—I would hate to think how many—now than there were in 1993. However, despite the fact that my deregulation...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 3.83% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Sainsbury of Preston Candover’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 6 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)