This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Ryder of Wensum’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Ryder of Wensum
We’re missing a photo of Lord Ryder of Wensum. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Ryder of Wensum (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Ryder of Wensum voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Media: Press Regulation — Question (14 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, is my noble friend aware that, under the terms of the BBC charter, executives of the BBC can neither nominate nor veto members of the governing board of the BBC? Is he further aware that this principle also applies in the commercial sector in relation to Ofcom? Indeed, it was well recognised in the Leveson report that there had to be that separation of powers-that proper...”
- European Council — Statement (11 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, in the event that Scotland votes next year to become an independent nation, and therefore ceases to be a member of the European Union, can my noble friend confirm that the resources normally allocated to Scotland will be reallocated to the other three partners within the United Kingdom: namely, Northern Ireland, Wales and England?”
- Railways: High Speed Rail — Statement (28 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, in my experience, when I hear a Statement delivered by a Secretary of State in the other place claiming that the leaders of all the main parties are agreed on a major matter, it invariably turns out to be wrong. In this case, I am reluctant to spoil the celebration. However, in his first point, the Secretary of State in the other place made no financial and economic case at all for...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 31.45% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Ryder of Wensum’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)