This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Renton of Mount Harry’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Renton of Mount Harry
We’re missing a photo of Lord Renton of Mount Harry. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Renton of Mount Harry (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Renton of Mount Harry voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- EU: Reform — Question (16 May 2013)
“My Lords, does my noble friend know yet whether other countries will make proposals for the reform of the European Union? If so, for what purpose, and what will those proposals be?”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Post Office (19 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government how they will ensure that customers of new village Post Office Local branches can continue to (1) pay cheques to HM Revenue and Customs, (2) make transactions using paying-in slips, (3) pay utility bills with cheques, (4) post overseas parcels exceeding 2 kilograms, and (5) purchase special stamp issues commemorating significant persons and events from British...”
- Growth and Infrastructure Bill: Committee (3rd Day) (30 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I declare an interest in this matter, as I live in the South Downs National Park; indeed, I have lived there for a great many years. I was pleased by and interested in what the noble Baroness, Lady Parminter, said, which I strongly support. Under subsections (1) and (2) of Clause 8, the Secretary of State can make regulations that will override the duty on the national parks to...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 18.64% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Renton of Mount Harry’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 118 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)