This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Former Conservative Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Renton. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1979
- Left Parliament on 24 May 2007 — Died
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Renton voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances
- Railways: Cross-country Franchise (25 Jul 2006)
“My Lords, this cross-country rail franchise is badly needed. How long will it take to implement?”
- House of Lords: Questions to the Lord Speaker (20 Jul 2006)
“My Lords, the Minister may not be aware that the noble Baroness the Lord Speaker served in another place in a constituency close to the one in which I served. In her present position she would gladly, I am sure, accept any further responsibility that we place on her.”
- Palace of Westminster: Vehicle Access (12 Jul 2006)
“My Lords, will the Government bear it in mind that in the interests of security, and the great need for it, it would be better not to have increased vehicular access to the Palace of Westminster?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has voted in 62.53% of votes in this House with this affiliation. (From Public Whip)
- 1 person is tracking this peer.