This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Rea’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Rea. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1981
- Send a message to Lord Rea (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Rea voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Agriculture: Pesticides (13 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the impact of nicotinoid pesticides, in sub-lethal doses, on (1) the behaviour, and (2) the resistance to disease, of pollinating insects, including bees.”
- NHS: Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust — Question for Short Debate (11 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I had not originally intended to take part in this short debate but on Friday I was encouraged to do so by the Royal College of Physicians-incidentally, after I had gone away for the weekend without any briefing material. As the noble Earl knows, that college has made detailed comments and recommendations related to the inquiry, along with a number of other professional bodies,...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Abkhazia and South Ossetia (25 Feb 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government why they are advising travellers not to visit Abkhazia and South Ossetia; and what reports they have received of any difficulties experienced by United Kingdom citizens visiting those countries.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 42.94% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Rea’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 154 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)