This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Quirk’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Quirk. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1994
- Send a message to Lord Quirk (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Quirk voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Teachers: Training (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Nash on 25 April (WA 468), why, in the light of the Government’s responsibility for the content of curricula, accredited providers are responsible for ensuring that teachers are trained to teach those curricula.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Questions for Written Answer (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government why Questions for Written Answer HL6126, HL6127 and HL6128, tabled on 11 March and due for answer by 25 March, are still unanswered.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Schools: National Curriculum (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to ensure that all comments on the new national curriculum, out for consultation until 16 April, are thoroughly taken into account for all disciplines, and especially for the key subjects, mathematics and English. To ask Her Majesty's Government to what extent they have studied the curricula for mother-tongue teaching in the German...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 8.52% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Quirk’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 43 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)