This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Prior’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Prior. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1987
- Send a message to Lord Prior (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Prior voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Quite often rebels against their party.
- Assisted Dying for the Terminally Ill Bill [HL] (12 May 2006)
“My Lords, I am a very diffident speaker, and I am very rarely able to attend your Lordships' House, but on this issue one should stand up and be counted, and I wish to be counted as a supporter of the noble Lord, Lord Joffe. I admire enormously the courage that he has shown in introducing this highly controversial and difficult Bill. For me, it is not a moral issue, because already we know...”
- G8 Summit (14 Jun 2004)
“My Lords, is the noble Baroness aware of the deep resentment of the United States and Britain that still exists, not so much regarding their part in the war but its aftermath? Will she impress on her colleagues the importance of not believing that a western-style democracy will come quickly to the Arab world or is necessarily the right answer to the problems that the Arabs face? If we try to...”
- Fire Dispute (26 Nov 2002)
“My Lords, as the Minister has just said, one of the weaknesses of the Government's position is not knowing the cost of modernisation. Presumably, a great many will be made redundant. Generally speaking, the sooner they are made redundant, the sooner matters will settle down. The cost of making people redundant, however regrettable, is generally cheaper when done earlier rather than later. It...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 10.11% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 2 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Prior’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)