This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Powell of Bayswater’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Powell of Bayswater
We’re missing a photo of Lord Powell of Bayswater. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 7 March 2000
- Send a message to Lord Powell of Bayswater (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Powell of Bayswater voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Agriculture: Genetically Modified Crops (12 Nov 2010)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what criteria they intend to apply to determine whether plant, fungal and algal products are regulated as food or as medicine after 30 April 2011, in the light of advances in nutrigenomic science illuminating how food bioactive components (nutrients and non-nutrients) can influence gene expression.”
- Economy (3 Nov 2008)
“My Lords, I draw attention to my declaration of interests in the register. I congratulate the Minister on his appointment; we served together on a board in the 1990s, and I know him to be a robust and resilient character who will not be the slightest bit dismayed by this afternoon's quite modest parliamentary assault. Most of the speakers so far have focused on the impact on the UK economy. I...”
- Armed Forces: US Missile Defence (10 Jan 2008)
“My Lords, to avoid any possible doubt, I draw attention to my declaration in the Register of Lords' Interests, though I do not believe that any of them are directly involved. I join other noble Lords in complimenting the noble Lord, Lord Wallace, on securing this debate; the subject is extremely important. It is absolutely right that Parliament should discuss it regularly and keep it under...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 11.62% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Powell of Bayswater’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)