This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Pearson of Rannoch’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Pearson of Rannoch
- Changed party from Conservative on 7 Jan 2007
We’re missing a photo of Lord Pearson of Rannoch. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1990
- Send a message to Lord Pearson of Rannoch (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Pearson of Rannoch voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (3 Jun 2013)
“Encouraging an international conference of Muslim leaders to address the issue of violent extremism within that religion – Lord Pearson of Rannoch.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Houses of Parliament: State Opening (21 May 2013)
“To ask the Chairman of Committees how long it took for streets surrounding the Palace of Westminster to be opened to traffic following the State Opening of Parliament.”
- Inquiries Act 2005 Committee — Membership Motions (16 May 2013)
“My Lords, I rise again to query the usefulness of our proposed European Union Committee, and especially of its six sub-committees. I do so against the background of our Liaison Committee’s recent review of our committee structure, which was debated in your Lordships’ House on 21 March. This revealed that there were requests for no fewer than 28 ad hoc committees from your...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 37 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 20.59% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 35 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 69 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Pearson of Rannoch’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 423 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)