This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Patten’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Patten. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Patten (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Patten voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: North Korea (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Taylor of Holbeach on 25 April (WA 459), what help is given for resettlement purposes to North Koreans granted asylum in the United Kingdom.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Flooding (20 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord De Mauley on 22 April (WA 372), whether it is their intention that any works recommended at the meeting of the Wessex Regional Flood and Coastal Committee on 22 April will be completed in time for the winter of 2013-14.”
- Queen's Speech — Debate (3rd Day) (13 May 2013)
“My Lords, I warmly congratulate my noble friend Lord Glasgow on what he has just said about high-speed rail, and not only on what he said but on the way that he said it, which was lucid and clear, so unlike many speeches that the political classes tend to unleash on the innocent electorate. They say all that stuff about how we are about to be nudged by the nudge unit, the need for a national...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 104 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 28.87% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Patten’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 136 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)