This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Patel of Bradford’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Patel of Bradford
We’re missing a photo of Lord Patel of Bradford. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 10 July 2006
- Send a message to Lord Patel of Bradford (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Patel of Bradford voted on key issues:
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Care Bill [HL]: Second Reading (21 May 2013)
“My Lords, the Minister has clearly outlined the many positive qualities in the Bill. Although I welcome many aspects of it, a number of issues cause me concern, particularly with respect to the care of some of the most vulnerable people in society—those with mental health problems. I wish to explore four specific aspects of the Bill and seek assurances from the Minister about how the...”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, how does one follow such a passionate, energetic and fabulous speech at this late hour? I am afraid that mine is going to sound a bit like “Macbeth”, but I am pleased to have the opportunity to raise a somewhat neglected issue in the Queen’s Speech. I am talking about mental health, which does not feature prominently in the Government’s planned legislation...”
- Prisons: New Prisons — Question (20 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, with an ever increasing prison population-there are more than 84,500 men, women and young people in our estate-and with 46% of adult prisoners having 15 previous convictions or cautions, it is clear that prison is not working. Rather than building new prisons, what action are the Government taking to divert people from the prison estate in the first place?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 50.75% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 18 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Patel of Bradford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 99 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)