This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Patel of Blackburn’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Patel of Blackburn
We’re missing a photo of Lord Patel of Blackburn. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 16 February 2000
- Send a message to Lord Patel of Blackburn (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Patel of Blackburn voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Food: Labelling (14 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to regulate the meat industry, in particular in respect of false labelling.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Benefits (22 Nov 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the impact of planned reductions in child benefit on the contribution of family spending to economic recovery.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Taxation: Vehicle Excise Duty (6 Nov 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of the impact of the proposed two-tier vehicle excise duty regime on access to motorways for less wealthy motorists.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 50.58% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 20 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Patel of Blackburn’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 7 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)