This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Palumbo’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Palumbo. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1991
- Send a message to Lord Palumbo (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Palumbo voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Death of a Member: Baroness Thatcher — Tributes (10 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I have three very short, random stories. On one occasion, my wife asked Margaret what she thought of Tony Blair. "My dear", she said, "I do not think of him". That was all. We have heard from the noble Lord, Lord King, about Margaret's support for Desert Storm, the first war in Iraq. We have heard that it was to some extent due to her that there was the backbone to go to war. I...”
- The Historic Environment (20 Dec 2000)
“My Lords, the word "heritage" is defined as what has been or will be built; in other words, what we build today is the heritage of tomorrow. The first point that should be made is that a keen sense and knowledge of the lessons of the past is indispensable if we are to learn to live in the present, let alone cope with the future. Those who mock, deride or denigrate the past do an injustice not...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 13.49% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Palumbo’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1 time in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)