This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Palmer’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Palmer. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1990
- Send a message to Lord Palmer (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Palmer voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Energy: Biofuels — Question (27 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, does the noble Earl not agree that this exciting new biofuels industry is greatly hampered by the fact that four different government departments are involved in it? I declare an interest as the president of the British Association of Biofuels and Oils.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Food: Horsemeat and Food Fraud (27 Mar 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government, following the recall of meat products tainted with horsemeat, what information they have as to what has physically happened to the products recalled by retailers.”
- Horsemeat and Food Fraud — Statement (11 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I have been involved in the food chain literally since I could walk, and an awful lot of people outside this Chamber or the other place would not know what bute was. Is it perhaps worth having a tiny statement by the Government telling people what bute is and the fact that it poses a very low risk to human health?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 51.11% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Palmer’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 83 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)