This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Oxburgh’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Oxburgh. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Lord Oxburgh (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Oxburgh voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, there are some cultures that believe that good things come in threes. Those who subscribe to this view need look no further than today. We have had three maiden speeches—very different but all distinguished. It is a great pleasure to follow the right reverend Prelate, who will undoubtedly make a major contribution to our discussions here. He was born in east Africa of...”
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill — Report (1st Day) (26 Feb 2013)
“Can I draw the Minister’s attention to the fact that this is not a commitment to borrow? As he is well aware, perception is almost as important as reality in the matter of fundraising. This amendment would send a very clear message to the investment community that the Government are serious about backing this bank.”
- Antarctica: Centenary of Scott Expedition — Motion to Take Note (18 Oct 2012)
“My Lords, I, too, express my gratitude to the noble Baroness, Lady Hooper, for providing this opportunity to reflect on the profound changes that are mooted for British Antarctic science. I should declare my interests. For five years I chaired the international review panel for British Antarctic Survey research and on two occasions visited the BAS base on the Antarctic Peninsula. I have also...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 2.46% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 10 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Oxburgh’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 53 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)