This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Owen’s activity (no more than once per day)
- Became a Lord in 1992
- Send a message to Lord Owen (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Owen voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: NHS: Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what criteria they adopt in deciding for the purposes of Article 207 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union that negotiation and conclusion of an international agreement requires unanimity in the Council, because that agreement risks seriously disturbing the national organisation of health services and prejudicing the United Kingdom's...”
- National Health Service (Procurement, Patient Choice and Competition) (No. 2) Regulations 2013 — Motion to Annul (24 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, the noble Lord and I served together in the Department of Health many years ago, and he will remember that his then boss, Barbara Castle, warned in the 1975 referendum about the impact of the European Economic Community, as it was then called. I thought she was greatly exaggerating the challenge, but it was interesting in that campaign that the allegation that the European Economic...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 3.03% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 15 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Owen’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)