This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Ouseley’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Ouseley. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 10 July 2001
- Send a message to Lord Ouseley (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Ouseley voted on key issues:
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Education: History (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what representations they have received from education experts about the representation in their proposals for a new history curriculum in England of the contributions of black British people to the history of the country.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Racial Economic Equality (20 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Hanham on 22 October (WA40), when they intend to publish the findings of their review into the barriers preventing black and minority ethnic entrepreneurs from accessing business finance.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Adoption (22 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government how many transracial adoptions were effected in England in (1) 2010, (2) 2011, and (3) 2012. To ask Her Majesty's Government how many same-race adoptions were effected in England in (1) 2010, (2) 2011, and (3) 2012. To ask Her Majesty's Government what are the failure rates for (1) transracial, and (2) same-race, adoptions.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 14.91% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Ouseley’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 30 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)