This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 8 May 2000
- Positions held at time of appointment: Director, OLIM Ltd and Warburg Investment Management (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: House of Lords: Staff (22 May 2013)
“To ask the Chairman of Committees how many people work in the House of Lords on zero-hours contacts, and in which areas; when the practice started; and what consideration was given to standards of service and commitment from employees employed under those contracts.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Employment: Public Sector (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what were the numbers of (1) women, and (2) men, employed in (a) central government, (b) local government, (c) the National Health Service, and (d) the police, (i) in June 2010, and (ii) at the latest date for which data are available; and what is their forecast of those figures for 2015.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Employment: Zero-hours Contracts (14 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their estimate of the number of people now employed on zero-hours contracts in the United Kingdom; what is their estimate of the numbers three and five years ago; and what is their estimate of the number of people on zero-hours contracts who are required to be on site at their place of work even if they are not being paid. To ask Her...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 47.74% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 21 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 245 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)