This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Northbourne’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Northbourne. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1982
- Send a message to Lord Northbourne (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Northbourne voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Education: Personal, Social and Health and Economic Education (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of Ofsted’s recent research project Not Yet Good Enough: Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education in Schools, published in May 2013; and in particular of its statistical relevance to all schools in the primary, secondary, and special categories.”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, as my contribution is relatively brief, perhaps I may take half a minute to say how much I agree with the noble Earl, Lord Listowel, who, alas, is not in his place at the moment, on the importance of early years—the first two years of a child’s life—and the influence that that can have on the whole of the rest of the child’s life. It will also become apparent...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Schools: National Curriculum (24 Jan 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government when they plan to publish their proposals for the new curriculum of all subjects to be introduced from September 2014; whether this curriculum includes the new curriculum for personal social and health education (PSHE); and, if not, when the PSHE syllabus will be published.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 14.41% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Northbourne’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 218 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)