This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Naseby’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Naseby. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1997
- Send a message to Lord Naseby (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Naseby voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (3 Jun 2013)
“Proposals to privatise or reorganise the handling and repayment of student loans – Lord Naseby.”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, my noble friend Lord Howell was so right to raise the question of the Commonwealth, particularly with the forthcoming conference in Colombo of the heads of state. Sri Lanka is a proud founder member of the Commonwealth. After nearly 30 years of civil war, it seems absolutely appropriate that the members of the Commonwealth should go to Colombo and see that country. I certainly know...”
- UK Clothing Sector: Safety — Question (13 May 2013)
“I have lived and worked in that part of the world. Is my noble friend aware that there is nothing wrong with the building regulations? It is entirely a matter of whether the buildings are inspected. Clearly, the loading on the floors of this particular factory was far in excess of what it should have been. Can the Government not think of something practical to do? We have high commissioners...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 37.28% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 16 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Naseby’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 157 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)