This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Morgan’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Morgan. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 12 July 2000
- Positions held at time of appointment: Research Professor, University College of Swansea (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Morgan (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Morgan voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Education: Languages — Question (12 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, is it not ironic, in view of what we have heard, that modern languages are a particular casualty of the disastrous changes in the Government's funding regime in universities? Does this not completely contradict what the Minister has been saying?”
- Regional Development — Question (12 Mar 2013)
- Dr David Livingstone — Question (27 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, the Prime Minister has spoken about a shameful episode in our imperial past, the Amritsar massacre, and quite rightly so. Would it not be very valuable if the Prime Minister could speak, perhaps not only in Scotland, about a pacific, idealist, Christian visionary, like David Livingstone, who presents a very contrary view of our imperial past and perhaps shows how this country should...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 47.18% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Morgan’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 76 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)