This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Millett’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Millett. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Lord Millett (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Millett voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Supreme Court (15 Mar 2004)
“My Lords, may I be naive enough to ask the noble and learned Lord the Lord Chancellor a question in the desire to obtain information? I should like to ask him whether Somerset House has been ruled out as the location for the Supreme Court; and, if that is so, can he say why?”
- Supreme Court and Judicial Reforms (12 Feb 2004)
“My Lords, as a recently retired Law Lord only just coming to terms with his new status as an old age pensioner, I find myself in an unenviable position, speaking between a serving Lord Chief Justice and a former Lord Chancellor. However, I am driven to speak because I have long advocated the creation of a Supreme Court. It is precisely because I am in favour of such a court that I am dismayed...”
- Address in Reply to Her Majesty's Most Gracious Speech (23 Nov 1999)
“My Lords, it is a great privilege to contribute to this debate. Like the noble Lord, Lord Grabiner, I have an advantage which is not given to most maiden speakers. As a member of the House's Appellate Committee, I have also addressed your Lordships' House before, though I was able to do so from the Front Bench. So, while the noble Lord has gone up in the world, I suppose I have gone down. My...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 0 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Millett’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)