This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Methuen’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Methuen. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1994
- Send a message to Lord Methuen (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Methuen voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Sometimes rebels against their party.
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises — Question (29 Oct 2012)
“Is the Minister aware that Rolls-Royce, in order to fund its suppliers, has lent them £500 million, because the banks are not doing so?”
- Liaison Committee: Third Report — Motion to Agree (26 Mar 2012)
“On what basis is the Committee Office funded and why, with this huge influx of new Members, could more resources not be given to it to enable these additional committees and the existing ones to be adequately funded?”
- House of Lords: Allowances — Motion to Approve (20 Jul 2010)
“My Lords, I think it may be appropriate that I speak to my amendment at this stage. In so doing, I declare my interests as a member of the British Group of the IPU, although I have not attended any of its delegations, and as a participant in the Lord Speaker's Peers Outreach to Schools programme. This amendment aims to remove an anomaly in the proposed financial support for Peers...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 33.62% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Methuen’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 22 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)