This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord McNally’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
- Minister of State, Justice (since 13 May 2010) (note about dates)
We’re missing a photo of Lord McNally. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1995
- Send a message to Lord McNally (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord McNally voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (11 Jun 2013)
“Offender Rehabilitation Bill [HL] - Committee of the whole House (Day 2) – Lord McNally.”
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (5 Jun 2013)
“Offender Rehabilitation Bill [HL] - Committee of the whole House – Lord McNally.”
- Upcoming Business – Lords: Main Chamber (20 May 2013)
“Offender Rehabilitation Bill [HL] - Second reading – Lord McNally.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 68 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 71.47% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 17 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 47 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord McNally’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1209 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)