This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Lord McIntosh of Haringey
Former Labour Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord McIntosh of Haringey. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1983
- Left Parliament on 27 August 2010 — Died
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord McIntosh of Haringey voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances
- Financial Provision for Members — Statement (28 Jun 2010)
“My Lords, my question is about the word "attendance", which sounds very simple. I spent the past week at the parliamentary assembly of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, where they have changed the rules. You get your hotel paid, and a smaller amount than used to be the case for subsistence. I was in Macedonia earlier this month, where the subsistence amount was the munificent sum of...”
- Queen's Speech — Debate (3rd Day) (27 May 2010)
“My Lords, before the noble Lord, Lord Lipsey, sits down, I should apologise to him for muttering while he was speaking. However, he was referring to his golden age of 1951 and my muttering, which I should have aired aloud, was that in 1951 the party with fewer votes won the election.”
- Employment Relations — Question (7 Apr 2010)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 74.56% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 0 people are tracking this peer.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2160 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)