This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Marlesford’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Marlesford. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1991
- Send a message to Lord Marlesford (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Marlesford voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (2nd Day) (9 May 2013)
“My Lords, I shall start by saying how very much I agree with the noble Baroness, Lady Meacher, in everything she has said. It is a lacuna in Government thinking. There has been so little in terms of imagination about drug policy. If eventually it is possible to decriminalise almost everything to do with drugs, while that would result in perhaps a few more deaths from their abuse, it would...”
- EU: Budget Report — Motion to Approve (25 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I strongly support the fundamental economic strategy of my right honourable friend the Chancellor. On the other hand, I am not wholly happy with the way in which he has been attempting to carry it out. The objectives are right but the methods are rather questionable. First, he has sought to reduce the deficit, and particularly government spending in many areas, which I support....”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 61.18% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Marlesford’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 315 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)