This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Marland’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Marland. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 12 June 2006
- Positions held at time of appointment: former Director, Jardine Lloyd Thompson plc. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Marland (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Marland voted on key issues:
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Voted against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Economy: Growth — Motion to Take Note (16 May 2013)
“My Lords, I thank the noble Lord, Lord Soley, for organising this excellent opportunity to debate this matter. It is critical that we have debates such as this, and they are not to be confused with the manifest subjects involved with the Queen’s Speech. It is a slight shame that it is taking place in the graveyard slot of lunchtime on a Thursday but it is an important issue. I also wish...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 42.01% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 24 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Marland’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 148 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)