This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Mancroft’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Mancroft. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1987
- Send a message to Lord Mancroft (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Mancroft voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Succession to the Crown Bill: Report (13 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I am delighted to support my noble friend's amendment. I start by saying to my noble friend Lord Hamilton that I have not always shared flats with people who are noble and certainly not always with my friends, but that is slightly beside the point. When legislating, we should always adopt the precautionary principle. The amendment before us is not a matter of principle; the...”
- Succession to the Crown Bill: Committee (28 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I, too, support my noble friend's very important amendment. I was going to make the point that I have heard repeated again and again-which my noble friend Lord Lexden has made very strongly for me-that not only does the Duke of Cornwall need a Duchy but the Duchy needs a Duke. Estates, businesses, or whatever you may choose to call them in the modern day and age, that are run by...”
- EU Drugs Strategy: EUC Report — Motion to Take Note (19 Jul 2012)
“My Lords, I congratulate the noble Lord, Lord Hannay of Chiswick, and his colleagues on the Select Committee on what is a really thorough and incredibly useful piece of work-one which we have not had before the House for a very long time. It makes some extremely useful recommendations and comes to some very helpful guiding conclusions, and I am grateful for the opportunity to debate it today....”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 37.85% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 8 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Mancroft’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)