This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord MacKenzie of Culkein’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord MacKenzie of Culkein
We’re missing a photo of Lord MacKenzie of Culkein. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Lord MacKenzie of Culkein (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord MacKenzie of Culkein voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (4th Day) (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, I had intended to speak on the draft care and support Bill and to deal with some of the positives in it, as well as some of the issues in the interface between health and social services. I had also intended to deal with the crisis in A&E departments and, inter alia, to be critical of the absence of Bills on important public health issues such as tobacco and the minimum pricing...”
- Marine Navigation (No. 2) Bill — Committee (1 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I do not want to get into European law, but we are talking about definitions. The noble Lord, Lord Chidgey, has referred to them. The amendment in the name of my noble friend Lord Berkeley refers to, "proposals to allow junior ratings to hold pilotage exemption certificates". There is nothing in the Bill that suggests that junior ratings should hold a PEC. It refers to deck...”
- Marine Navigation (No. 2) Bill: Second Reading (18 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I am very pleased to welcome this Bill and to thank the noble Baroness, Lady Wilcox, for taking it forward in this House. A number of matters are covered in this Bill, and it will not be surprising to noble Lords, given my background as a fourth generation lighthouse keeper, that I will concentrate on the parts of the Bill dealing with the general lighthouse authorities. The...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 77.99% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord MacKenzie of Culkein’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 46 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)