This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Mackay of Clashfern’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Mackay of Clashfern
We’re missing a photo of Lord Mackay of Clashfern. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1979
- Send a message to Lord Mackay of Clashfern (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Mackay of Clashfern voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill — Second Reading (2nd Day) (4 Jun 2013)
“My Lords, I declare an interest as the honorary president of the Scottish Bible Society and as a member of various Christian groups. I thank my noble friend for the way in which he initiated this debate and the Bill team for its help in piloting me through the complexities of this legislation. The issues in this debate are extremely important but also extremely sensitive. I intend to confine...”
- Care Bill [HL]: Second Reading (21 May 2013)
“My Lords, it is a great privilege to follow the noble Baroness, Lady Campbell of Surbiton, who speaks on these matters with a particular authority and profound experience. I should mention my interests: I am a vice-president of the Carers Trust, a member of Barnardo’s and I have honorary fellowships from three of the medical royal colleges. I am extremely grateful to the noble Earl,...”
- National Health Service (Procurement, Patient Choice and Competition) (No. 2) Regulations 2013 — Motion to Annul (24 Apr 2013)
“Can the noble Lord say what sort of clause he proposes instead of Clause 5 that would be consistent with the European legislation and the regulations made here under the previous Government in implementing it?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 24.00% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 15 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Mackay of Clashfern’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 227 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)