This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Lyell’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Lyell. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1943
- Send a message to Lord Lyell (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Lyell voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Succession to the Crown Bill: Committee (Continued) (28 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, perhaps I may chuck a very small pebble into this debate. My noble friend Lord Lang gave the most marvellous dissertation, but I would advise your Lordships to take care to skip along to the Library to take a glance at either Burke's or Debrett's Peerage. Your Lordships should look, above all, at the consanguinity and the very long chance of the arm of the blood relationship. Your...”
- Forestry: Independent Panel Report — Question for Short Debate (27 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I begin by thanking the right reverend Prelate for instituting the debate tonight. I also have to declare an interest. If noble Lords glance at the relevant documents, they will find that I purported to be responsible for some forests in Scotland. I have enormous interests in Liverpool. In an earlier incarnation, the right reverend Prelate was once kind enough to bring some...”
- Afghanistan — Statement (19 Dec 2012)
“Will my noble friend first accept my congratulations and thanks for what he has given us today and, as far as I can remember, over the entire campaign in Afghanistan, or at least most of it? The noble Viscount, Lord Slim, has said virtually everything that I would want to say, but my noble friend will know that the House of Lords defence group receives marvellous professional and detailed...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 58.57% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Lyell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 102 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)