This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Luke’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Luke. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1996
- Send a message to Lord Luke (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Luke voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted very strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Hardly ever rebels against their party.
- Armed Forces: Discrimination — Question (27 Jun 2012)
“My Lords, this discrimination is quite deplorable. Could more not be done in local communities to help?”
- Queen's Speech — Debate (6th Day) (17 May 2012)
“My Lords, I am honoured to be able to contribute to the defence part of the debate on the Queen's Speech. I am becoming much more positive about the direction in which British defence is going. Far too much money was wasted under the previous Administration, and I am pleased to see the coalition taking a common-sense approach to procurement and making sure that the defence of our country and...”
- Schools: History — Debate (20 Oct 2011)
“My Lords, this has been a most elevating afternoon. I very much enjoyed all the speeches and learnt a lot, which is always a good thing. The debate shows how important history is in the House. On a Thursday afternoon, the number of noble Lords who spoke was amazing, and I am extremely grateful to them. I will finish by saying that my noble friend Lady Benjamin summed up what I think about...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 63.52% of votes in this House with this affiliation — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Luke’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 114 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)