This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Luce’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Luce. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 2000
- Send a message to Lord Luce (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Luce voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Succession to the Crown Bill — Third Reading (22 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I am sure that the Minister will have concluded that raising the legislation with the other realms would create considerable complications. If I understood the noble Lord, Lord Cormack, aright, he was making it plain that the purpose of this amendment was to try to remove any misunderstandings that may still exist about the position of the Roman Catholic Church in connection with...”
- Commonwealth and Commonwealth Charter — Motion to Take Note (7 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I am glad to follow the noble and learned Lord, Lord Howe, under whom I served on numerous occasions, one of which of course was in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The noble and learned Lord has inspired the commitment of the coalition Government to policies on the Commonwealth. I am glad that he is keeping his hand in on the Commonwealth by, for example, leading the...”
- Succession to the Crown Bill: Committee (Continued) (28 Feb 2013)
“My Lords, I support the objective of the amendment moved by the noble Lord, Lord Cormack, although I have reservations about its wording. I should say hastily that I am speaking for myself and not as a former member of the Royal Household. The House may have noticed that earlier there was a small cluster of former members of the Royal Household, but we have now widened the gaps between each...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 9.66% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 6 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Luce’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)