This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Low of Dalston’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Low of Dalston
- Became a Lord on 11 July 2006
- Send a message to Lord Low of Dalston (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Low of Dalston voted on key issues:
- Voted against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Care Bill [HL]: Second Reading (21 May 2013)
“My Lords, I am delighted to follow the noble Lord, Lord Willis. I must confess I felt my score on the hypertension scale rise as we went through the day and the debate got nearer, but we are ready in time. I thank the Minister for the very clear way in which he introduced the Bill, and I must apologise for missing the opening seconds of his speech. There are six reasons why this Bill should...”
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (2nd Day) (9 May 2013)
“My Lords, it is always a particular honour to come after the noble Baroness, Lady Williams, especially given the force of her plea for rationality and moderation on immigration. It is a particular honour to speak after her in a debate which has already seen some remarkable speeches, especially—if I may be allowed to single out just one—the astonishingly powerful speech of the...”
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill — Commons Reasons and Amendments (22 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I was sorry not to be here for Report stage of the Bill but I have read the debate carefully. It left no room for doubt as to the strength of support right across your Lordships' House for retaining Section 3. In addition to the powerful and principled advocacy of the noble Baroness, Lady Campbell, and others, I attach particular importance to the comprehensive demolition of the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 45.58% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — well above average amongst Lords.
- 34 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Low of Dalston’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 199 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)