This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Loomba’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Loomba. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 17 January 2011
- Send a message to Lord Loomba (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Loomba voted on key issues:
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Queen’s Speech — Debate (5th Day) (15 May 2013)
“My Lords, I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute to this debate. The topic of my speech is international development. British aid to India will end officially in 2015, a decision that has caused controversy among politicians and charity organisations alike. Some people say that if India is able to afford a multi-million pound space programme, then she has reached a position of...”
- Kashmir — Question for Short Debate (23 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, this subject has been debated many times before both in your Lordships' House and in the other place. Nearly 10 years ago, when the noble Lord, Lord Ahmed, asked a similar Question, the then Government clearly stated that the differences between India and Pakistan were a matter for those two nations. Just last year, the then Foreign Office Minister said that relations between India...”
- Poverty: Developing Countries — Question (27 Jun 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they are taking to support widows who live in poverty in developing countries.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 77.66% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 1 person is tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Loomba’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)