This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Lewis of Newnham’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Lewis of Newnham
We’re missing a photo of Lord Lewis of Newnham. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1989
- Send a message to Lord Lewis of Newnham (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Lewis of Newnham voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Has never voted on more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Schools: Satellite Schools (16 Feb 2012)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what is the procedure for the establishment of a satellite school by an established grammar school. To ask Her Majesty's Government whether there is any limit on the distance of a satellite school from the grammar school which initiates its foundation. To ask Her Majesty's Government whether there are any restrictions or external controls on the selection of...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: NHS: Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (20 May 2009)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government further to the answer by Baroness Thornton on 25 June 2008 (Official Report, House of Lords, col. 1427), when the evaluation of the effectiveness of the revised Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme will be undertaken; and whether the results will be published.”
- Higher Education (26 Jun 2008)
“My Lords, I thank my noble friend Lord Luce for initiating this debate. This is a very timely topic and has generated tremendous interest in the House and the community. I declare an interest as a past professor of chemistry in a number of universities in the country. As a result of that, I would like to concentrate on some aspects of the funding of science, both past, present and future, in...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 4.80% of votes in this House with this affiliation — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Lewis of Newnham’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 14 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)