This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Lester of Herne Hill’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Lester of Herne Hill
Liberal Democrat Peer
We’re missing a photo of Lord Lester of Herne Hill. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1993
- Send a message to Lord Lester of Herne Hill (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Lester of Herne Hill voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Arts and Culture (21 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government which individual or body is responsible for evaluating the contribution made by the arts to the economy; according to what criteria; and with what consequences for public funding of the arts.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Food: Advertising (20 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government what action they will take to protect children against online marketing by food companies using internet games and advertising strategies banned from children's television.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Climatic Change: Displaced People (25 Apr 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they support the initiative taken by the Governments of Norway and Switzerland to create an international consortium on how best to help people displaced by sudden climatic shocks or slow onset ones such as drought or rising sea levels.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 85 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 44.03% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 26 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Lester of Herne Hill’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 701 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)