This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Lamont of Lerwick’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Lamont of Lerwick
We’re missing a photo of Lord Lamont of Lerwick. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Lord Lamont of Lerwick (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Lamont of Lerwick voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Death of a Member: Baroness Thatcher — Tributes (10 Apr 2013)
“My Lords, I will follow directly on from what the noble Lord, Lord Bhattacharyya, has just said about manufacturing. However, before I do so, what a wonderful treasure trove this session had been. It is going to be of great value to historians and people who write about Margaret Thatcher, because so much material has been produced in the period that we have been here. I will not go over the...”
- EU: Prime Minister's Speech — Motion to Take Note (31 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I believe that the Prime Minister's speech was brave and far reaching. He made it clear that his view and his preference was that Britain should remain a full, active member of the EU. I agree, but I emphasise the term "preference" rather than the words "predetermined" or "inevitable". As the Financial Times said, a whole confluence of trends has made a referendum inevitable: the...”
- Economy: Growth — Motion to Take Note (29 Jan 2013)
“My Lords, I join with other Members of the House in congratulating the noble Lord, Lord Deighton, on his maiden speech from the Front Bench. Like other noble Lords on this side, I am delighted to find that he is not entirely still under the spell of his former distinguished teacher. Growth ought to be the natural state of an economy. Most economies tend to grow over time. Financial crises,...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 38.17% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Lamont of Lerwick’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 165 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)