This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Laming’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Laming. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1998
- Send a message to Lord Laming (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Laming voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted against more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- NHS: GP Services — Statement (21 May 2013)
“My Lords, the noble Earl has indicated that there is a need to look again at the availability of community-based services. Hospital-based services are available seven days a week but community ones for much less, and that includes social care services. While not wanting staff to work all hours, is it not possible to move towards a situation where the services will be available at all hours...”
- Bailiffs — Question (14 May 2013)
“My Lords, can the Minister assure the House, following the question of the noble Lord, Lord Campbell-Savours, that the part of the fee that goes to the local authority will in no case exceed the cost to the local authority of calling in bailiffs?”
- NHS: 111 Telephone Service — Question (13 May 2013)
“My Lords, does the Minister accept that, although we refer to "primary care services", they are not primary in that they are available for the shortest number of hours per week of any part of the health service? Unless things change dramatically, it is inevitable that accident and emergency will be seen as the first point of call for more and more people, especially in out of office hours.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 16.58% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 9 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Laming’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 98 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)