This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Laird’s activity (no more than once per day)
We’re missing a photo of Lord Laird. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord in 1999
- Send a message to Lord Laird (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Laird voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted very strongly against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted strongly for the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill (22 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether clause 7 of the Northern Ireland (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill extends the life of the present Northern Ireland Assembly; and whether the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland is content that the provisions of that clause are compatible with the European Convention on Human Rights.”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Northern Ireland Parades Commission (22 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government which commissioners have attended meetings of the Northern Ireland Parades Commission at which determinations were made since 1 January 2010; when those meetings took place; what determinations were made; and which way the individual commissioners voted. To ask Her Majesty’s Government how much each Commissioner of the Northern Ireland Parades...”
- Written Answers — House of Lords: Northern Ireland: Legislation (22 May 2013)
“To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Baroness Randerson on 23 April (WA 418), whether they will maintain and publish a list on the Cabinet Office website of Legislative Consent Motions (LCM) sought of the devolved Assemblies in Northern Ireland and Wales and the Scottish Parliament by Whitehall departments in each parliamentary session, and the results of...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 380 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 34.19% of votes in this House with this affiliation — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 33 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Laird’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 94 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)