This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Lord Kerr of Kinlochard’s activity (no more than once per day)
Lord Kerr of Kinlochard
We’re missing a photo of Lord Kerr of Kinlochard. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Became a Lord on 14 September 2004
- Positions held at time of appointment: Secretary-General, European Convention. (from Number 10 press release)
- Send a message to Lord Kerr of Kinlochard (via WriteToThem.com)
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Lord Kerr of Kinlochard voted on key issues:
- Voted strongly for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted against equal gay rights. votes
- Voted very strongly for more EU integration. votes
- Has never voted on the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Crime and Courts Bill [HL] — Commons Amendments (25 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I find today's business difficult. Two categories of difficulty arise. This provision is much less difficult. I find the case made by the noble Baroness speaking for the Opposition persuasive and familiar. I have heard it before. I agreed with it when I heard it in earlier stages of consideration. My difficulty when the Commons reject our proposals is that I always feel cautious...”
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill: Report (4th Day) (Continued) (11 Mar 2013)
“My Lords, I understand the general points made the noble Lord, Lord Mitchell, and I have considerable sympathy for them. However, I do not understand their relevance to Clause 71, which is about remuneration reports. The problem with remuneration reports is that the degree of detail now required in them means that they have become rather long and complex. An additional requirement to include...”
- DfID: Tied Aid — Statement (11 Mar 2013)
“I thank the Minister for repeating the Statement. I was very pleased to hear her strictures on tied aid and her support for competition. Will she confirm that the same applies to consultancies? The only thing that worried me in her Afghan homily was the interjection that investors in mining in Afghanistan were advised by British companies. When such advice from consultancy firms comes from...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 22.97% of votes in this House with this affiliation — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Kerr of Kinlochard’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 79 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)